Do you love spinach dip?
Do you love portobello mushrooms?
Well worlds collided tonight when I made some stuffed mushrooms. A few years ago, one of the local restaurants used to serve them as appetizers and it was my favourite thing to split with my mom but they have taken them off the menu. While grocery shopping the other day, I bought a 4-pack of portobello mushrooms and thought that maybe I would try to replicate them.
- Olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 10 oz of frozen spinach (I bought the packaged stuff)
- 3/4 tsp of garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 250g package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Here’s what I did:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preset the oven to 375.
- Remove the stems and gills from the portobello mushrooms. Drizzle olive oil on the mushrooms. Place on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Cook the frozen spinach according to the directions on the package, drain excess water, and set aside.
- Combine all the cheeses together (except for the mozzarella) with the garlic powder and cayenne pepper and add the spinach.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the spinach dip and sprinkle each mushroom with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
These recipes were used as a guide in the creation of my mushrooms: